Derek's Big BBS of WalMart Purchase Receipts

Derek's Big BBS of WalMart Purchase Receipts

[ Back to the listing ] [ Post Reply ] [ Current BBS ] [ Search ]

Posted By: Chelle on: 01/09/2002 09:51:12 MST
Subject: RE: Links! updated 8:20am 1/9/02

Message Detail:
Rather than posting more replies, I'm just going to add new referring URLs (whch will occur quickly now after the Earthlink reference) to the end of this message...

7:36am:
Greetings, Earthlink -- take me to your leader! As visitors have mentioned, this website is linked in the eLink EarthLink Weekly Email Newsletter for 7 January 2002. If anyone is willing to forward me a copy of the newsletter, please do. Incidentally, the newsletter has pushed hits up to 5+ PER SECOND. There were almost 30,000 pageviews just overnight, which is second only to Yahoo! for new visitors.

Some website having to do with the noun/verb "Scoble" has linked here. He also indicates that he got the URL from a newsgroup.

There's a Prohosting site linking to the Receipt site -- go QUICK, before Prohosting deletes their account without warning or reason!

WLVQ mentioned this site on the radio a while ago.

Ooooh! Dark and sinister! grey on black is sooooo cool!

Speaking of which, there were 524 hits since I started writing this post...

8:44am: Linked by BA's Weblog

8:50am: linked in Tech PoF Forum

12:02pm - attack of the BBSes - mustangsandmore.com, stories.com, and Paladins of Fate

3:05pm: guitar.com has a link in its discussions.

9:41pm: just got home, and there are a handful of new links -- Backwash.com, matchboxtwenty.com, Nancy's Neighborhood, The Punter's Parlour (warning; some lewd wallpaper), and Wack Links from spacejunk.org

Also, sputnik.com.mx says:

¿Crees que has visto todo en la red? ¿Crees que has leído ya muchas veces este "crees que has visto todo" con tal de que logremos atraer tu atención? Pues lo hicimos una vez más por que este es uno de los sitios que demuestran que Internet está lleno de basura: un sitio de un tal Derek, que colecciona todos sus recibos de Walmart.

9 January 2002
7:20am: New links from overnight -- creeping-death.net, Dead Man's Grave, O'DonnellWeb, David Dull's webpage, and finally newmusicweb.com

Well a loose translation of the spanish is this:

Do you believe that you have seen everything in the net? Do you believe that there is already ledo many times this you believe that you have seen to do as long as we are able to attract your attention? Because we made it once for that this it is one of the places that demonstrate that Internet is full with garbage: a place of a certain Derek that collects all their receipts of Walmart.

It's a little rambling and NOT very well written, but hey it's a free world for people without taste in any culture or nationality. You have to ask yourself sometimes, WHAT exactly do these people find funny? Well all I can say is I LOVE THIS SITE!!!! Always good when I need a cheer up!

View Parent Message
This is the archive BBS - no new posts can me made.

Message Search
Filter Messages
Show messages for past days.
Name Search
Type in a full or partial name
Keyword Search
Enter keyword(s) you want to search for seperated by a space.

Match Case?
Match ALL Keywords
Match ANY Keyword

Program by: Expert Solutions Network