Derek's Big BBS of WalMart Purchase Receipts

Derek's Big BBS of WalMart Purchase Receipts

[ Back to the listing ] [ Post Reply ] [ Current BBS ] [ Search ]

Posted By: Derek D Sysop on: 12/06/2001 10:50:14 MST
Subject: RE: How do I get business from this?

Message Detail:
Actually, it didn't read like you.....an imposter!!

If you look closely, they're ALL imposters; an uninformed J saw a trusting bulletin board system, and made a bunch of misleading comments to promote his "business". Come on now, there were THAT many people from Utah online last night, waiting here on the Receipt BBS for something special to pop up? Unlikely -- the BBS gets very few hits throughout the day from those other than Receipt Site Regulars; it's very rare to find more than one or two people using it at one time, let alone ALL being potential J customers, living in Utah, with serious network troubles.

Plus, my GOD -- what's J thinking? "Click here to see if you need your computers networked." Besides poor grammar & vague topic, a professional business focusing on cutting-edge technology should never use the phrase "click here to..." in a webpage. It's passe, it's amateur, and it talks down to site visitors ("no, really, what AM I supposed to do to open a link?")

Not only that -- but the "click here to..." link sends you off-site to AllBuisness.com -- what, J isn't even bright enough to come up with his own reasons to be his customer? Lame, lame, lame.

And, come on, you claim to offer "Web/Print/Mail/Proxy/SQL/Etc. Server Setup & Maintenance" but you're hosted by "fatboyhosting.com" -- what, can't even set up your own server? Unless you also happen to be Mr. Fatboy, probably not. On top of it all, the WHOIS Search for tccutah.com (put tccutah.com in the "Domain:" blank, click "LOOKUP") lists a webdesign firm from Nevada as his 'technical contact.' Some technician J is, huh?

Anyways, that's my rant for the day. I'll leave the posts here as testament to J's stupidity as a marketer - if he develops any business leads from this website, I'll be VERY surprised.

View Parent Message
Follow ups:
This is the archive BBS - no new posts can me made.

Message Search
Filter Messages
Show messages for past days.
Name Search
Type in a full or partial name
Keyword Search
Enter keyword(s) you want to search for seperated by a space.

Match Case?
Match ALL Keywords
Match ANY Keyword

Program by: Expert Solutions Network