Derek's Big BBS of WalMart Purchase Receipts

Derek's Big BBS of WalMart Purchase Receipts

[ Back to the listing ] [ Post Reply ] [ Current BBS ] [ Search ]

Posted By: Derek D Sysop on: 12/22/2001 20:29:03 MST
Subject: 'I Am', 'Voices,' and 'Compaint' websites are down

Message Detail:
One minute, I check "I Am...", the next minute, it's gone. Prohosting, who has treated me shi**y over their free service before, has deleted http://jove.prohosting.com/~lifeof, the host for "I Am...", "Voices from the Thriftshop", and "Compaint", three of my artsy projects. I don't know if they kept any archives that I can salvage from, but most likely they haven't. The biggest loss is the "I Am..." comment database - I don't have a recent backup, not since April (stupid stupid Derek), so thousands and thousands of contributions are gone. "Merry F**king Christmas from Prohosting", I guess.

Not only do I pay Prohosting for other websites of mine, I'm also a commercial reseller for them. The only reason I left these free websites in place was because of all the websites linking to them (if I move the Receipt Site, losing the lightning.prohosting.com/~receipts URL, traffic will dwindle to 0). Unfortunately, Prohosting is not very careful about who they piss off; I can think of three websites that I would have sold Prohosting webspace to in the coming months, and potentially a bunch of other business over the next couple years, but that ain't gonna happen now. That's not counting the free advertising they get from the thousands of hits every day on the Receipt Site. I wouldn't recommend Prohosting after the last couple weeks anyways; their backbone to the internet is very inconsistent, being down for up to 20min at a time randomly throughout the day, which is not the best way to treat paying customers. Anyways, I digress...

So, until I can migrate everything over to my pay-service website (an updated version of I Am... is running now), please be patient for the other sites.

Follow ups:
This is the archive BBS - no new posts can me made.

Message Search
Filter Messages
Show messages for past days.
Name Search
Type in a full or partial name
Keyword Search
Enter keyword(s) you want to search for seperated by a space.

Match Case?
Match ALL Keywords
Match ANY Keyword

Program by: Expert Solutions Network